Interactions, the global leader in conversational AI, has launched Trusterathe first and only real-time audio-aware writing platform.
Trustera proactively identifies and protects sensitive information such as credit card numbers and solves the biggest compliance challenge in today’s contact center environment: protecting a customer’s payment card information (PCI) wherever they appear in a call.
The platform is designed to make the customer experience more reliable, secure and seamless.
Contact centers are grappling with an unprecedented rise in fraud and data breaches involving customer information. Challenges have increased since the COVID-19 pandemic due to the rise of work from anywhere (WFA), including onsite contact center work, remote and hybrid work. In fact, insider threat incidents have increased by 44% over the past two years, with the cost per incident reaching approximately $15 million. The stakes are high: data breaches are only getting more costly and more frequent, with 83% organizations experience more than one in their lifetime. Inadequate security postures can have devastating consequences on a company’s bottom line, both in the form of fines and the erosion of brand reputation and trust.
Despite the risks, many companies still rely on insecure contact center data collection practices, such as customers sharing their sensitive financial information over the phone with no guarantee of privacy. Existing drafting solutions are inadequate. These include dual-tone multi-frequency (DTMF) suppression, agent-triggered redaction, onsite call forwarding, and redirecting customers to a secure form. Not only are these strategies inefficient and cumbersome for the customer, but they also require manual actions to trigger redaction, which leaves transactions vulnerable to human error.
Trustera addresses these issues head on. The platform is built on Interactions’ nearly 20 years of intelligent virtual assistant (IVA) excellence, 125 patents, billions of conversations, and years of success at Fortune 25 companies. Leveraging voice recognition and advanced machine learning, Trustera recognizes sensitive data within 200 milliseconds of speaking and reacts immediately by redacting it. This capability is especially critical given that 44% of data breaches include payment card information (PCI) or personally identifiable information (PII).
“Every day, millions of customers give their personal information to the companies they do business with, yet there are no real safeguards in place to protect that information. We created Trustera to address this unacceptable status quo,” said Mike Iacobucci, CEO of Interactions. “Trustera sets a much-needed new standard for contact center security. It’s the only solution on the market that prevents fraud at source for businesses and consumers, building brand loyalty and customer confidence in the process.
Already, Trustera is successfully redacting millions of credit card numbers each year and supporting thousands of agents per week. With an average handling time (AHT) reduction of 60 seconds compared to alternative solutions, the platform increases overall customer satisfaction (CSAT) by ensuring that conversations are efficient, streamlined and require no extra effort on the part of customers and agents. Full benefits include:
- Redacting based on conversational AI: Trustera automatically redacts a customer’s PCI in real time, replacing sensitive numbers with digital beeps. The data is then collected automatically in a protected database. A key differentiator is that agents don’t have to remember to initiate the process – this happens as soon as customers start saying their IBO.
- Fluid Touch Points: Once customers have finished submitting their PCI, Trustera confirms successful collection so the agent can continue the call. The solution also provides streamlined front-end support for other platform integrations that enable real-time agent assistance, sentiment analysis, and post-call analytics.
- Customer convenience: Trustera does all the work for the customer, so there is no interruption to their interaction. Callers are not required to enter their personal financial information or switch to a separate platform to complete their transaction.
- PCI Compliance Reports: Trustera ensures contact center agents can securely collect payment information whether they are working from home or onsite.
- Bilingual Abilities: Trustera works on calls in English and Spanish, with more languages to come.
Trustera currently supports payment data, including credit cards, debit cards, and electronic funds transfers, and will soon support social security number and date of birth protection. The platform meets PCI-DSS and PA-DSS requirements by reporting PCI protection statistics in the contact center.
To learn more, visit www.interactions.com/products/trustera.
Interactions provides intelligent virtual assistants that seamlessly assimilate conversational AI and human understanding to enable businesses to engage with their customers in highly productive and satisfying conversations. With flexible products and solutions designed to meet the growing demand for unified, optic-channel customer service, Interactions delivers unprecedented improvements in customer experience and significant cost savings for some of the world’s leading brands. Founded in 2004, Interactions is headquartered in Franklin, Massachusetts, with additional offices around the world.
For more information, visit www.interactions.com.